Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Cross My Heart

It's the time of year where we start thinking about all that lovey-dovey stuff and everywhere you turn you see hearts.  :)  I'm going to be posting a few fun Valentine's hairstyles here and there so keep your eyes peeled!  Here's one that I like to call "Cross My Heart" and the name sounds romantic so I'm posting it.  :)
Start by parting the hair horizontally into 3 even sections.  Clip the two side sections out of the way and create a Dutch braid out of the middle section.  Braid it all the way to the bottom of the hair and secure it with an elastic. 
 Unclip your right section of hair and twist the whole thing in toward the braid.  (I have twisted away from the braid here just to show you that option as well if you like it better.) 
 Have your princess hold the twist while you move over to the left section and twist that in toward the braid also. 
Now take your two twists and cross them over the top of the braid and then around the back. 
 Keep wrapping them around the braid until you get to the bottom of your twists.  Now secure the twists and the braid together at the bottom with an elastic.  Hide the elastic with a hair clip to finish it off. 

1 comment:

Pitterle Postings said...

I love this style, it is so cute!